METI Government of Japan is offering internships to up to 120 interns (around 40 will be international students already in Japan). Applicants must be holding citizenship of an eligible country or region. Young foreign nationals of developing countries (OECD/DAC-listed countries) are eligible to apply for these internships. This is a paid internship programme. Application deadline is June 30, 2017.
• Allowance: 4,000 yen per day for living expenses. This amount is payable per day for the entire duration of the internship (except for international students living in Japan, who will be paid for active days only)
• Round-trip economy class air ticket, travel insurance (international students in Japan not eligible)
• Internship insurance
• Transportation and accommodation expenses including training program fee when participating in training
Applicants satisfying all the following requirements are eligible.
• Agreeing with the spirit of this program, and through the internship promoting the internationalization of Japanese companies, developing the overseas business of Japanese companies, and working together to construct networks with overseas universities etc.
• Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
• Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
• As a rule, applicants should be at least 20 years of age and no older than 40 as at June 30, 2017.
• Applicants must able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate as well as a letter of recommendation from an affiliated university or institution etc.
• Able to undertake both the internship and Pre-Training full-time at the host company. (International students must also able to balance these against their studies)
• Other requirements meeting any individual conditions stipulated by the host company.
• Applicant must not have participated in this Program in 2016.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2017.
For more information: