One Young World’s newly established Local Organising Committee for South Africa is proud to announce two ‘Delegate’ scholarship places for impactful young leaders from South Africa to attend the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, 4-7 October.
• Access to the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia
• Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 4 October and 7 October
• Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
• Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
• Summit hand-outs and support materials.
• The cost of travel to and from Bogotá.
• Post-Summit, all ‘Delegates’ become lifetime members of the One Young World Ambassador network which spans 196 countries with over 8,000 members.
• In order to apply, you must be aged 18 – 30
• A national of an African state.
• A resident of South Africa, making an impact in South Africa.
Candidates must demonstrate:
• Evidence of commitment to creating positive change in South Africa. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service
• Leadership ability and examples
• Concern and knowledge of local and related global issues must be evident
• Ability to generate, articulate and achieve impactful ideas
• A clear, long-term commitment to ethical leadership and a corruption-free society.
Application Deadline: June 28, 2017
For more information: