Apply for the TechWomen in the USA.The purpose of TechWomen is to enable, connect and help the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) by granting them access and chance to develop their careers, seek their visions.
TechWomen attendees are chosen based on these qualification requirements.
Applications are evaluated by detached selection panels composed of industry leaders and regional experts. Semifinalists may be interviewed by United States Embassy personnel in their country of permanent residence.
- Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States
- Domestic airfare from San Francisco to Washington, D.C.
- Housing in San Francisco or Mountain View, California during the mentorship
- Meals and incidentals
- Hotel stays in Washington, D.C.
- Ground transportation to the participant’s host company
- Local transportation to group program events in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C.
- Be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) fields. Please note that internships and other unpaid work experience do not count toward the two-year professional experience requirement.
- Have, at the minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent.
Be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States (other than the Diversity Immigrant Visa, also known as the “visa lottery”) in the past five years.
- Not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
Application Deadline: January 17, 2018
For more info:
Visit this Official Webpage