The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations, an initiative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, responds to a broad consensus across nations, cultures, and religions that all societies are interdependent, bound together in their development and security, and in their environmental, economic and financial well-being.
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations is searching for a Communications and Programme intern who will help with doing these activities:
• Contribute to the writing, editing, proofreading, production, and updating of electronic and printed materials
• Assist with design, editing, and production of graphic materials to support online and offline communications
• Assist with publishing articles, press releases, photos, graphics and multimedia elements in the UNAOC website and other digital assets
• Support communications projects as they arise, including conducting research and summarizing relevant information
• Provide general administrative support including taking meeting minutes, setting up meetings and conference calls, etc.
Interns may be qualified for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. Further, UNOPS may provide a one-time travel lump sum of 500 USD. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visa arrangements.
Bachelor’s Degree graduated within three years prior to the application date of the internship
• Relevant experience in communications
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, and experience in developing different types of content for different audiences and mediums
• Strong graphic design and layout skills, including familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop. Proficiency in Adobe Light room and/or Adobe After Effects would be a plus
• Basic HTML knowledge required
• Experience with WordPress is necessary
• Experience with other Content Management Systems (e.g. Drupal) is a bonus
• Ability to work independently on a number of separate, simultaneous tasks
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong research skills and proficiency in drawing relevant information from technical content
• Full command of Microsoft Office suite of products
• Plugged into the social media landscape
• Interested in global media and global migration
• A good understanding of the UN system and commitment to the UN mission
Deadline: August 31, 2017
For more Information: