The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship encourages educational admittance and opportunity while improving global heterogeneity. Gathering together the best of AU – academic excellence, leadership advancement, and global action – the AU Emerging Global Leader succeeds, motivates, and helps with vision.
The AU EGL scholarship includes all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room, and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. The scholarship does not incorporate non-billable expenses such as compulsory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (about U.S.$4,000 per year).
Important: Just one AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is available for Fall 2018. If you are not selected as the 2018 AU EGL recipient and wish to continue the application process, you may be qualified for partial credit scholarships. But, you will need to submit evidence of additional funds exceeding the initial U.S.$4,000 you provided. Estimated costs for the 2017-2018 academic year are U.S.$64,707.
You are NOT eligible to apply if:
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- You graduated secondary school earlier than 2016.
- AU EGLS candidates must apply Regular Decision for fall (August) 2018. Do not apply Early Decision (ED).
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with a 95+ TOEFL iBT, 7.0+ IELTS, 600+ paper-based TOEFL (taken on or prior to May 31, 2017), or sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017).
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2018.
The AU EGLS selection process is most competitive. Priority consideration will be given to those AU EGLS applicants who apply and complete the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by December 15, 2017.
For more Info: Visit this Official Webpage